Asylum and Refugee Assistance and Appeals

How can we help you?

There are circumstances in which your case can be refused, or you have been unsuccessful in obtaining the visa required or desired status. In such circumstances you maybe entitled to appeal a decision from either the UK or outside of the UK. If you are refused with an in country right of appeal, this must be exercised within 14 days from the date you have received the decision. In some cases, appeals needs to be submitted within 14 days from the date of the decision. If you are not sure of the deadlines to appeal, you should contact us, and we can assist you in calculating the deadline for you.

Where you have been provided with an in country right of appeal you may be entitled to appeal to the First Tier Tribunal (Immigration and Asylum Chamber) if the home office has;

  • refused your protection claim (also known as ‘asylum claim’ or ‘humanitarian protection’)
  • made a decision under the European Economic Area (EEA) Regulations, for example the Home Office has decided to deport you or refused to issue you a residence document
  • revoked your protection status
  • decided to take away your British citizenship

If you have been refused with no in-country right of appeal, you have 3 months (90 days) in which you can issue Judicial review proceedings. Judicial review proceedings can be complex and lengthy, and we would consider your documents and paperwork in detail to assess whether there are grounds for bringing such a challenge. Where applicable you may also be entitled to Legal Aid to assist with this type of action. Enquire with us today to see if you are entitled to issue such proceedings in your case.

Where you are provided with an out of country right of appeal and you are unable to challenge the decision by way of Judicial review or administrative review, you maybe able to submit an appeal once you have left the United Kingdom. Such appeals need to be submitted within 28 days after you have left the UK.

If you have been granted refugee status, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain.

Where you have refugee status your family members can be reunited to join you in the UK under Family Reunion. Please speak to us today and see if you are entitled to bring your family in the UK.

Get in touch

Get in contact with us today for a solution to all your immigration related problems. We are specialist immigration solicitors who can assist you with a range of applications. Contact us either by filling out our contact us page below, or you can telephone us and we will be able to offer you a suitable appointment. Either way where we are able to assist we can offer you a suitable appointment. We also offer legal advice and assistance through Legal Aid, therefore contact us to see if you are entitled for your case to be conducted via legal aid.