Entrepreneur & Investor Visas

How can we help you?

Contact us with regards to applying for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur & Investor) Visa to the UK.

Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa

You can apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa if you want to set up or run a business in the UK, you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland, you meet the other eligibility requirements.

Entry to the UK under Tier 1 can be for a maximum of 3 years an 4 months and you can apply to extent this for another 2 years. If you are switching from another category you can apply for an extension up to 3 years. You may be entitled to apply for indefinite leave after completion of 5 years.

As a Tier 1 Entrepreneur you can set up or take over the running of one business or more work for your business, including being self-employed, bring your family.

Eligibility requires

You will need to have at least £50,000 investment funds to apply for a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa. There are different requirements for those who have access to £50,000 or £200,000. You will need to meet the English Language requirements and be over 16 years of age.

Specified documents and evidence is required to show that you meet the rules and appendixes under this category and here at Shawstone Associates we can take you step by step through each requirement and assist with the submission of an application. This is an extremely extensive category where the guidance is vast and complex. We are able to simply the process and guide you through the specs rules and assist with our expert knowledge and skills with the preparation of your application.

You will also need to demonstrate that you meet the “genuineness test”. You will need to satisfy that your genuinely intend to establish a business or takeover or become a director of one or more business in the UK within the next 6 months.

You will need to show that you intend to invest the money required under Appendix A

The money is genuinely available to you and will remain available until such time;

that you do not intend to take employment in the UK other than under the terms of Paragraph 245D

We can assist you with; the evidence you need to submit. Go through your business plan, your CV and business experiences.

You have to have a minimum amount of £3310 personal savings which would have been had to be held at least three months prior to the date of the application. After a period of three years, indefinite leave to remain can be granted if you have created at least a minimum of 10 jobs and if your activities have produced over 5 million or more.

Tier 1 (Investor) visa

As a complex area anyone wanting to apply under Tier 1 (Investor) must show they can meet 75 points under the Points Based System. There is no English language or maintenance requirement, however you will need to show that:

  • The money you have is regulated by a financial institution and has disposable income in the UK amounting to mot less than £2million; and
  • Has opened an account with the UK regulated bank for investing no less than £2million

There are 2 ways for extension applications, this very much depends on the date the investor entered. If you were granted visa. Contact us and find out how you can apply for an extension and the requirements that you will need to meet.

You may also be entitled to make an application or settlement in the UK. Settlement visa Tier 1 (investor) depends on the level of assets and the extent of their investment.

Typically, those with £10milln or more can settle after 2 years and those with £5million or more after 3 years. You will need to have 75% of the total invested in the UK Government bonds, share capital or loan capital.

Get in touch

Get in contact with us today for a solution to all your immigration related problems. We are specialist immigration solicitors who can assist you with a range of applications. Contact us either by filling out our contact us page below, or you can telephone us and we will be able to offer you a suitable appointment. Either way where we are able to assist we can offer you a suitable appointment. We also offer legal advice and assistance through Legal Aid, therefore contact us to see if you are entitled for your case to be conducted via legal aid.