Family Values

How can we help you?

If you require entry to the UK on the basis of your marriage or unmarried partner, we at Shawstone Associates can assist you right throughout the application process. You can apply to entry to the UK if you have a partner who is a British national and you are able to show that you meet the immigration rules and the criteria within it: You would need to demonstrate that:

You would need to demonstrate that:

  • both parties aged 18 of age or over when the application is made
  • Your relationship is ‘genuine and subsisting’ and you intend to live permanently in the UK with your partner
  • your marriage or civil partnership is recognised by UK law
  • you will need to meet a salary and/or earnings requirement, currently £18,600 without dependents
  • you can support yourselves and any dependents you may have without claiming government benefits meet the suitability criteria requirements
  • you meet the English language requirement

 Fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner visa

If you require a fiancé visa you would need to show:

  • You and your future spouse must be at least 18 years of age
  • You and your future spouse must have met each other
  • You and your future spouse must intend to live together on a permanent basis once married
  • You must show that any previous relationship that you or your partner were involved in has ended (whether it was as a married or an unmarried couple)
  • You and your future spouse must have enough funds to support yourselves (and any dependants) without claiming public funds
  • Your fiance must be earning a minimum of £18,600 per annum or have savings to be able to sponsor you. The level of this financial requirement will increase if you are also sponsoring children as dependants
  • You must have suitable accommodation available for you, your future spouse and any dependants

Get in touch

Get in contact with us today for a solution to all your immigration related problems. We are specialist immigration solicitors who can assist you with a range of applications. Contact us either by filling out our contact us page below, or you can telephone us and we will be able to offer you a suitable appointment. Either way where we are able to assist we can offer you a suitable appointment. We also offer legal advice and assistance through Legal Aid, therefore contact us to see if you are entitled for your case to be conducted via legal aid.